Friday, January 29, 2016

Cold in Amsterdam

>> CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT VIDEO <<

January is almost over and I must admit,.. I haven't done that many fashionable activities. Trust me, when you're working on geeky and science-y things together other geeks around you towards a deadline... fashion is the last thing on my mind. :-P


Fortunately, earlier this month, the weather was sunny (though still freezing cold!), so I met up with my long-time friend Bianca for some catching up and among other things.. we also visited the famous Hermitage Museum.


As always, when travelling to Amsterdam, it's easier and cheaper to park outside the city and take the public transport into the inner city. You can see it was pretty cold.. leather gloves, tights and long coat and boots! It was below 0 degrees Celsius (that's 32 degrees Fahrenheit for you Yanks :-P ).


While walking towards the entrance of the actual museum, you had to be careful.. there were still patches of ice scattered around. Very treacherous!


The exhibit was on the Dutch citizens during the Dutch Golden Age and then primarily about the rich upper class in Amsterdam in the 17th century. They are mostly depicted in paintings called 'schuttersstukken', a type of group painting of which the most famous one is 'The Night Watch' by Rembrandt.

Obviously, this painting is displayed in the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum, so they projected an image of 'The Night Watch' with a beamer between all the other real paintings.


The visit was lots of fun and very educational.. and after such an activity (and a bit of window shopping) it was time for dinner and coffee, so we went to do just that in the Bijenkorf Shopping Centre. And after that, a bit of chilling on the couch in the stylish coffee bar. :)


Just like that 8 hours had passed and we had walked about 14 kilometres in total throughout Amsterdam and the museum and the shops! I was glad I was just wearing my 4 inch heeled boots! ;-)


Of course, after having spent a day together roaming around.. we also took a picture together outside the museum's gates. We didn't plan our outfits, but I do like the green next to the red colour!



Bianca was so nice to also film some small clips of me.. so I'm very grateful that I can present this video! :D






39 comments:

  1. LOVE the red coat! And kudos to you for wearing 4 inch heels for that much walking! :) Glad you had a great time at the Hermitage Museum with your friend (and that coffee bar looks amazing)! Hope you have a great weekend!

    -Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look very great. like your red coat;)
    Sandicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit, I love the photos
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know by comment

    Happy weekend
    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag
    Facebook Page *Click*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I haven't much done in terms of fashion as well this winter! Yikes, cold please go away so I can start taking pictures again!

    Paulina


    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I'd be dead in 32 deg weather. You are staying stylishly cold. I love your look so so much. San Francisco is the same, the sun is shinning yet it's super cold. Very deceptive weather.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post doll! Beautiful pictures. And i love your look.
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your red coat!! You looks stunning! Lovely videos! :)
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello,ciao...Bianca and You looks super chic...great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful, nice photos:)
    Have a nice week:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those boots! They were made for walking! And thanks for converting for us "yanks" haha. We are admittedly very stupid in that arena lol. XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like you had a great time at the museum. :) You look so chic in that red coat. Love those brown boots. Have a great week ahead, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fabulous even though it's cold in Amsterdam! I'll be there myself sometime next week! PS: I need your red coat in my life! So chic! :)
    Much love from Paris!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had such a wonderful time even though it was freezing. I love how you and your friend's outfit compliment each other. You look beautiful as always!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool pix as usual!
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the deep red coat! So jealous! I love Amsterdam!!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, keep up good work!
    London Fashion and Beauty Blog - Yukova Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to visit Amsterdam asap!!! You look fab in your red coat!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect look.
    http://elsecretodemistercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pics <3 Amsterdam is such a beautiful place!!

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amsterdam is beautiful place to visit!

    www.hogmu.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post. You are looking great in red coat. That much walking in 4'' heels? wow you are really good with heels!!! Great pics!

    Rita | http:styleroundtheclock.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your red coat! I don't know how you managed to walk so far in heels but it looks like you had a really fun time!

    Emma xxx
    style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. For me it's a challenge to look attractive when you're travelling (jeans, trainers and etc.) but you so amazing though! Great trip xx
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your red coat! So adorable! <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your red coat! So adorable! <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your red coat and the boots!! January has been really slow for me too...I'm hoping to get back on track as the year progresses :) Have a great weekend!!

    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look just fabulous!!

    Blog: http://fiftyshadesofpink.blogs.sapo.pt/
    Instagram: @sarafqueiros

    ReplyDelete
  28. It seems a really beautiful day Natassia. Lovely outfit. I adore your red coat. Mixed with green of your friend is perfect!!! Have a nice day, kisses (and thank you for your visit),
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look fashionably warm Natasha! I hope you a lot of fun at the museum with your friend. The paintings are such a vision and the coffee bar looks amazing.
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely coat, that is a perfect shade of red!

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very stunning look as always :) I love your coat a lot <3, color red is my favorite also heheh.

    Natassia, check this out :) find your name <3

    http://www.beausian.com/inspiration-for-my-new-followers/

    Love,
    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  32. Which of these sweater dresses do you like best?
    red sweater dress

    ReplyDelete